Food and Beverage Service Diploma Level 2 (Technical Qualification) at Bradford College
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service is a Technical Qualification aimed at learners aged 16-19 who are in a full-time education programme and wish to develop the skills and knowledge needed to begin a career in food and beverage service as bar and cellar staff or waiting staff.
Throughout this qualification, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant Health and Safety. You will develop knowledge of how to provide different types of service, provide excellent customer service and work efficiently as part of a team. You will develop an awareness of environmental sustainability and commercial skills, all of which are valued highly by employers.
Mandatory units of study:
- The Catering and Hospitality Industry
- Food Safety and Health and Safety for Food and Beverage Service
- Controlling Costs in Food and Beverage Service
- Principles of Excellent Customer Service
- Principles of Teamwork
- Preparing For and Closing After a Food and Beverage Session
- Cold Drinks Service
- Food Service
- Hot Drinks and Barista.
You will be required to work towards GCSE Mathematics and English within your study programme.
Level 1 Diploma Hospitality and Catering. Four GCSEs at a minimum of Grade D/3.
- Graded practical unit assessments
- Summative synoptic practical assessment
- Two external exams
- A portfolio of development graded Pass/Merit/Distinction.
- Completion of this course offers career opportunities directly into employment in a variety of contexts such as: restaurants, pubs, hotels and cruise liners.
- Progression onto Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service and Supervision is available.
- We are an AA Rosette winning college restaurant and Centre of Excellence in Patisserie and Confectionery.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bradford College directly.