Biology A Level at Mossbourne Community Academy
This course builds on the knowledge and understanding of GCSE Biology. During the course you will need to demonstrate good communication, research and data handling skills and knowledge. The A level Biology course covers aspects of human biology, environmental science, botany and molecular biology.
- Grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics and
- Grade A in GCES Biology Triple Science
- Grade B in GCSE Chemistry Triple Science or
- AA grade in GCSE Double Award Science
This course will appeal to students who:
- have an interest in the study of living organisms
- enjoy carrying out investigations in the laboratory or as fieldwork
- are interested in the developments of ‘new’ biology topics, such as genetic engineering
and their impact on society
Biology leads on to a wide range of courses and careers. You could go on to use Biology to support other qualifications or progress onto further studies or employment. These could be:
- a degree course in, for example, Biology, Environmental Science, Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Psychology and Pharmacy. UCAS handbooks will give you further guidance about the wide range of courses to which you can progress.
- a national accreditation in Biological Science or a related programme.
- employment in one of many related areas, such as Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Catering or Land Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Mossbourne Community Academy directly.