Applied Science Level 3 at The Ursuline Academy, Ilford
This qualification offers a practical introduction to science and is designed to support progression to further study or employment in a science-related field. As part of the course, you will:
- practise experimental scientific techniques and explore how they are applied in industry
- develop your knowledge and understanding of concepts in biology, chemistry and physics
- plan and carry out a scientific investigation of your own choosing
- explore ways in which topical scientific issues are presented in the media
- investigate the role of scientists and the different career pathways open to them Units 1 – 3 are completed in year 12 and units 4 – 6 are completed in year 13.
The Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Science consists of six units.
Units 1 – 3 are completed in year 12 and units 4 – 6 are completed in year 13.
Unit Title Assessment Type
Key concepts in Science External examination
Applied experimental techniques Internal centre assessed
Science in the modern world External assignment
The human body External examination
Investigating science Internal centre assessed
Microbiology Internal centre assessed
- English Language or English Literature at Grade 4 or above
- Mathematics at Grade 4 or above
- Combined Science at Grade 5,4 or above
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Ursuline Academy, Ilford directly.