Economics A Level at St Mark's Catholic School
Economics is a course that will develop an understanding of economic concepts and theories through a consideration of current economic issues, problems and institutions that affect everyday life e.g. road congestion
Analyse, explain and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the economy and the role of government within it.
Type And Nature Of The Work Involved
• The course starts from the understanding that students have not studied economics before.
• The skills to answer questions are clearly developed through the use of past paper questions.
• Students are expected to take an active role in lessons and discussion and to carry out the given reading.
• Students will develop the ability to write essays and answer data questions.
Individuals, Firms, Markets and Market Failure
The National and International Economy
A Level has three 2h papers:
• Paper 1: Markets and Market Failure
• Paper 2: National and International Economy
• Paper 3: Economic Principles and Issues
Economics is a subject that sits well with both Sciences and Humanities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Mark's Catholic School directly.
Last updated date: 18 December 2017