Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) at St Mark's Catholic School
The EPQ is a level 3 qualification, students have to
• Choose a topic
• Complete a production log
• Plan research and carry out the project
• Prepare a presentation on the outcome to an audience.
The EPQ offers opportunities for learners to:
• Have a significant input into the choice, design of a project and take responsibility for their individual task.
• Develop and improve their own learning and performance as critical, reflective and independent learners
• Develop and apply decision making and where appropriate problem solving skills
• Extend their planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
• Develop where appropriate into confident e- learners and apply new technologies to their studies
AO1 Manage - 20%
Identify, design, plan and carry out a project, applying a range of skills, strategies and methods to achieve objectives.
AO2 Use Resources - 20%
Research, critically select, organise and use information, and select and use a range of resources. Analyse data apply relevantly and demonstrate understanding of any links, connections and complexities of the topic.
AO3 Develop and Realise - 40%
Select and use a range of skills, including, where appropriate, new technologies and problem-solving, to take decisions critically and achieve planned outcomes.
AO4 Review - 20%
Evaluate all aspects of the extended project, including outcomes in relation to stated objectives and own learning and performance. Select and use a range of communication skills and media to present evidenced project outcomes and conclusions in an appropriate format.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Mark's Catholic School directly.
Last updated date: 18 December 2017