Business Studies A Level at Myton School
Students who take Business Studies often also study Accounting, Computing, Economics, Modern Languages, or Maths. But students committed to the arts or sciences should also consider taking Business Studies in this cost-centered world where most people will go on to either work for a business organisation or run their own business. All businesses (and other organisations like charities and hospitals) need sound business skills behind them.
The Year 12 course includes the following topics.
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making.
- Decision making to improve marketing performance.
- Decision making to improve operational performance.
- Decision making to improve financial performance.
- Decision making to improve human resource performance.
In Year 13 we cover:
- Analysing the strategic position of a business.
- Choosing strategic direction.
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
- Managing strategic change.
At least the minimum general entry requirements and a Merit if studying Level 2 BTEC Business
The A level is assessed by three two-hour written exams at the end of the course.
Paper 1: Multiple-choice questions, short answer and two essays.
Paper 2: Three compulsory data response questions.
Paper 3: One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
This A Level will get you started in business and give you the skills and knowledge to progress to higher education. You could work for a corporation, or maybe a management consultancy.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Myton School directly.