Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Level 2 at Red Tape Central
They are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives which is at the heart of person centred care.
Job roles are varied and determined by and relevant to the type of the service being provided and the person supported.
Adult Care Workers may work in residential or nursing homes, domiciliary care, day centres, a person’s own home or some clinical healthcare settings.
All learning is done in the workplace with the exception of functional skills which, if required, is done through timetabled sessions within our training centres.
The Standard is made up of the apprentice being able to demonstate key knowledge, skills and behaviours. Some of these assement areas include:
- Knowing and understanding the job they have to do, their main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours
- Understanding the importance of communication
- Knowing and understanding how to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- How to promote health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- How to work professionally, including their own professional development
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
Apprentices must undertake a programme of study in a suitable care setting and complete the Care Certificate which is a requirement for all apprentices on this standard.
There is and end point assessment which includes;
- the completion of a situational judgement test answered through a multiple choice exercise
- and a professional discussion.
This assessment will demonstrate that the apprentice can apply their knowledge, skills and behaviours in an integrated way and will satisfy the requirements for the award of an apprenticeship certificate.
Working with people, feeling passionate about supporting and enabling them to live a more independent and fulfilling life is a rewarding and worthwhile job that provides excellent career opportunities.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.