Apprenticeships - Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard - Food and Drink Process Operator at Wakefield College
The Food & Drink Industry is one of the UK’s largest industries, who need to recruit 170 000 staff by 2020 to meet a growing demand. Developed by a number of well-known food manufacturers this apprenticeship enables both those already working within the industry and those looking to build a career the opportunity to develop a range of skills, which can be used in a number of different career paths within the food & drink industry.
What you will study
Developed as an apprenticeship standard, you will develop knowledge and understanding in areas such as, quality management, hygiene standards and communication skills.
You will be required to complete a Level 2 Diploma in Food & Drink Operations qualification prior to taking the end-point assessment for this apprenticeship; mandatory units include:
• Introduction to the food and drink sector
• Handling materials and products in food and drink operations
• Quality control in food and drink operations
• Environmental management in food and drink operations
• Tools and equipment in food and drink production
• Cleaning plant and equipment in food and drink operations
• Performance data in food and drink operations
• Carry out effective handovers in food and drink operations
• Product changeovers in food and drink operations
• Problem solving in food and drink operations
• Communication and team working in food and drink operations
• ontinuous improvement in the food and drink production industry
Maths and English are key elements of an apprenticeship programme, if you do not already hold GCSE A* - C (4/5 – 9) or equivalent qualifications you will be required to study Functional Skills at the required level.
GCSE A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent would be beneficial. Those who do not hold these qualifications will be required to complete Functional Skills.
Regular reviews between yourself, employer and assessor will be conducted to assess your progression.
There are no costs to students aged between 16 and 18.
For cost to students aged 19 and over please contact the Business Development Unit on 01924 789469 for details.
On completion of this programme, individuals may progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Process Operator Apprenticeship.
If you require further information please contact: The Course Information Team on 01924 789111
Visit our Hospitality and Catering Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hospitalityandcateringatwakefieldcollege