Physics AS Level at Ormiston Sudbury Academy
B in GCSE in Physics/Add Science (not BTEC) and Maths.AS course outline
- Module 1: Measurements and their errors: You will be introduced to the SI system of measurement and their prefixes, limitations of physical measurement and estimation of physical quantities and develop the required mathematical skills to fully succeed.
- Module 2: Particles and Radiation: Extending knowledge of the atom, looking at the building blocks of the universe, studying how atoms interact with each other, and how studies have painted the picture of radiation.
- Module 3: Waves: You will look at waves and their various characteristics, study progressive waves, mathematically calculate interference and study the phenomenon of diffraction.
- Module 4: Mechanics and energy: You will learn about projectile motion, Newton’s laws of motion, introduced to the Young’s modulus, and the effect of stress and strain on the properties of materials.
- Module 5: Electricity: You will study voltage and current characteristics, learning about electrical considerations such as electromotive force and internal resistance.
Medicine, Physics, Mechanics, Environmental Science, Electronics, Mathematics related degrees.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ormiston Sudbury Academy directly.