Religion, Philosophy & Ethics at Ashmole Academy
The A-level course is taught over two years; both components will be taught alongside one another.
- Component 1: Philosophy of religion and ethics
- Component 2: Study of religion and dialogues
The lessons regularly involve:
- Note taking – an important skill both within and outside the classroom. Notes should be clear and concise, showing evidence of examples, explanation and evaluation.
- Discussion – the ability to express your ideas clearly, and those of others, is a crucial skill in life and one that can be developed further in this subject.
- Essay writing skills – essential for passing the exams but also useful for those who wish to improve their clarity and quality of written communication.
- Reading – very important in and outside of lesson time. Newspapers, magazines are often very useful, as well as textbooks.
- Other – videos, group work and presentations are encouraged and used where possible
Two written exams, one on each component: 3 hours, 100 marks
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashmole Academy directly.