Land-Based Technology City and Guilds Level 3 at Bishop Burton College
This course meets the needs of students wishing to follow a career working with machinery and equipment in the countryside land-based sectors. Many rural companies operate large high-specification equipment within the sector, whether it is horticultural, landscape or agricultural. Skilled operators and technicians for the sophisticated, specialised equipment used in the industry are always in demand.
- Health, safety and welfare
- Land-based vehicle engine technology service and repair
- Engines and components
- Service and repair hydraulic systems and components on land-based equipment
- Inspecting and testing land-based machinery and equipment
- Mechanical power transmission systems
- Repair processes and materials technology
- Working with ground care equipment
- Work experience and employability skills.
Five GCSEs at grade C or 4, including English and Maths. One satisfactory reference is also needed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Burton College directly.