Apprenticeship Standard Hospitality Team Member at Cambridge Regional College
You will learn to demonstrate understanding and knowledge in the following areas:
• The hospitality industry - culture, behaviours, job roles.
• Customers - profiles, needs, and expectations.
• Business - vision and values, competitors, products/services, technology, legislation, environmental impact.
• People - communication, team support and influence, assisting line manager.
You will learn the following skills:
• Customers - rapport and excellent customer service.
• Business - positively promote business, handle transactions, communicate product/service information, using technology, comply with legislation.
• People - excellent communication, team support, and planning.
You will learn the following behaviours:
• Understand and demonstrate the behaviours required to meet the needs of customers, the business and team members.
Candidates will be interviewed as part of the admissions process which will include screening and a trade assessment.Ideally, candidates should have three GCSEs at Grade 4 or higher, in English, Maths and one other subject. Apprentice Candidates must hold a contract of employment.In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcome of an initial Assessment and interview.
Level 2 apprentice will be assessed to the Apprenticeship standard using four complementary assessment methods: 90 minute multiple-choice test, two-hour practical observation, business project, and a 40 minute professional discussion.
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
Suitable Job Roles: barista, food & beverage service, food preparation, housekeeping, concierge and guest services, reception, reservations, banqueting and conferencing, and hospitality supervisor / team leader.
We would encourage you to visit one of our Cambridge Regional College Open Days:
Thursday 3rd May 2018 4pm-7pm - Cambridge and Huntingdon
Saturday 23rd June 2018 9:30am-12:30pm - Cambridge and Huntingdon
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.