Business Administration (BTEC Level 2 and 3) at Bishop Laney Sixth Form
This one year course provides candidates with high quality, industry-recognised qualifications, leading into a second year for level 3.
They are vocationally related qualifications that provide valuable opportunities for individuals to develop skills and gain underpinning knowledge and understanding.
These qualifications will provide preparation and support entry for employment into the business and administration workplace.
· Understanding Administrative Services
· Providing Administrative Services
· Using Business Technology to Process and Communicate Information
Planning, Organising and Supporting Business
· Coordinating support for business development Coordinating support for business projects
· Coordinating support for business improvement Coordinating support for business efficiency
· Coordinating support for business communication
Coordinating support for business profiles
Level 3 At least 5 GCSE Grades 9 – 4 or equivalent to include English.
Level 2 At least 3 GCSE Grades 9 - 3
Students must also complete the following in order to achieve the full award:
· Level 3 Coordinating Business Support – Theory exam
· Level 3 Coordinating Business Support - Synoptic assignment
In this externally set, internally marked and externally moderated assessment the focus is on bringing together, selecting and applying learning from across the qualification rather than demonstrating achievement against units or subsets of the qualification content. The candidate will be given an appropriately levelled, substantial, occupationally relevant problem to solve or outcome to achieve. For example, this might be in the form of a briefing from a client, leaving the candidate with the scope to select and carry out the processes required to achieve the client’s wishes, as they would in the workplace.
This qualification is assessed by:
· externally marked exam
· synoptic assignment
This qualification provides opportunities to gain employment, including an apprenticeship, in job roles coordinating business support activities, such as: Operations Support Officer; Information Systems Coordinator; Project Coordinator; Office Services Coordinator; Administration Coordinator. These roles may be specific to an industry such as: Financial Services; Insurance; Hospitality; Manufacturing; Public sector. They may also be specific to a functional area within a business such as: Marketing; Human resources; Logistics; Finance.
Your understanding and skills can be developed further through progression to an apprenticeship or other qualifications, such as
· Level 4 qualifications in Business, Business Administration and/or Business Management
· BA(Hons) Business Administration
ILM Leadership and Management
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.