Glass Occupations at North Lancs Training Group (NLTG)
What is Glass Occupations?
The Glass and Glazing Industry offers a range of interesting careers, from glass manufacturing, the repair and installation of windows, doors and solar panels, to glass decorating and glass warehousing.
Depending on your role, you may work on commercial, residential or business properties; in a warehouse or manufacturing factory; or on large projects on construction sites. Glass installation and glazing will require you to work at heights and you will need to be prepared to work in all types of weather conditions, as this work is mostly outside. You may also be required to travel to different locations as part of your role.
As a glass apprentice, you will follow a comprehensive training programme in one of the following pathways:
• the manufacture of flat glass, decorative glass or double glazed units.
• the manufacture of aluminium or uPVC windows, doors, conservatories or curtain walls.
• the installation of windows, doors, conservatories or curtain walls.
• the installation of fascias, soffits, gutters and barge boards.
• the distribution of glass related products from a glass related warehouse.
Our glass Apprenticeships will help you meet the requirements required and give you the training and qualifications needed to work on construction sites.
What training will I receive?
You’ll receive real-life training from experienced staff within your workplace, and be visited regularly by a specialist NLTG Tutor. Your Tutor will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship, making sure you develop the skills needed for your job role. As part of your Apprenticeship, you will need to complete a Maths and/or English qualification at Level 1 (ie Grade D/3) if you do not already have these qualifications. Depending on your Apprenticeship, you may also need to study an ICT qualification. Your NLTG Tutor will provide you with support and guidance.
If you are unsure that an Apprenticeship is right for you then why not have a look at our 'Why choose an Apprenticeship?' page. If you feel you are not yet ready for an Apprenticeship, then why not have a look at a Traineeship first?
You will have to take a Skills Scan to ensure your current level of maths and English is at the required level.
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lancs Training Group (NLTG) directly.