Level 2 Plumbing at Keighley College
This course is for anyone with a keen interest in plumbing, but also includes some basic construction skills which will come in handy if you secure work on a site in the future.
The qualification targets everyone who has a desire to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding around plumbing, heating and building services as well as engineering in construction.
The course is also available to candidates wishing to pursue a career in Plumbing.
To achieve the full Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing, learners must achieve the credits from the mandatory units listed in the table below.
- Unit 201-Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering (3 credits)
- Unit 202-Electrical Principles and Processes for Building Services Engineering (5 credits)
- Unit 203-Scientific Principles for Plumbing (3 credits)
- Unit 204-Common Plumbing Processes (6 credits)
- Unit 205-Cold Water systems (credits TBC)
- Unit 206-Domestic Hot Water Systems (6 credits)
- Unit 207-Sanitation (5 credits)
- Unit 208-Central Heating (6 credits)
- Unit 209-Drainage Systems (4 credits)
- Unit 210-Communication (3 credits)
After completing this course, you will have gained significant knowledge in all areas related to plumbing.
Ideally candidates will be qualified to level 1 in Plumbing or possess a good standard of secondary education – to be verified at interview.
If you are under 19 and you do not already have English & Maths GCSE grades 4-9 or equivalent you will be required to undertake GCSE or Functional Skills alongside your main qualification.
Assessment of competency will be in the form of written assessments, portfolio work and practical exercises.
Students generally progress to Level 3 Plumbing. Alternatively you start working in the sector, or begin an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Keighley College directly.