Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework 504 - Engineering Improving Operational Performance (Electrical/Electronic) at Wakefield College
If you are a highly-motivated individual with a passion for technology and employed in the Electrical/Electronic aspects of the engineering industry then this is the course for you. This programme will help you to achieve high level skills in purpose-built workshops at College while gaining on-the-job experience with an employer.
What you will study
The units you will study are:
NVQ Units Completed:
· QPEO2/001: Working safely in an engineering environment
· QPEO2/002: Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
· QPEO2/003: Using and communicating technical information
· QPEO2/033: Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
· QPEO2/035: Assembling, wiring and testing electrical panels/components mounted in enclosures
· QPEO2/036: Assembling and testing electronic circuits
· Functional Skills in maths and English
· Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) work booklet
· Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You will need three GCSEs at Grade D or above or equivalent in English, a science and one other subject. However, you will also need a Level 1 Numeracy qualification.
If you do not have the relevant level of qualification, we can assess your current level of literacy and/or numeracy and a place on the course may still be offered.
Your work will be continually assessed through oral, written and practical work. Certification will be accredited on completion of your portfolio of evidence.
There are no costs to students aged between 16 and 18.
For cost to students aged 19 and over please contact The Apprenticeship Team on 01924 789469 for details.
You could progress to an advanced apprenticeship in Engineering or an NVQ level 3, followed by a higher apprenticeship or HNC/HND and then onto a foundation degree.
The NVQ Level 2 qualifies you to undertake a craftsman role within engineering.
If you require further information please contact: The Course Information Team on 01924 789111
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.