The Princes Trust Award at The Long Eaton School
KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- You will learn, develop and practise the skills required for em ployment
- You will be prepared for further education, apprenticeships and work based learning
- You will develop your English and Maths skills
WHAT WILL I LEARN ON THIS COURSE?
- How to make effective presentations.
- Be able to review and provide support for presentations.
- Different roles within a team and how to make decisions
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of being in a team
- Take part in team tasks and effectively evaluate the task
- Where to find information on careers
- Produce a CV and covering letter
- Produce a personal statement
- Prepare and take part in an interview
- Review your performance in an interview
All of these skills will equip you for further education or for your chosen career path
MODULES/UNITS COVERED IN YEAR 12
(including a brief outline of their content)
This is a 1 year course Teamwork (3 credits)
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of working in a team and problems that may occur
- You will learn the different rol es within a team and learn how to make decisions You will take part in team tasks and evaluate the task Presentation skills (3 Credits)
- Learn how to make an effective presentation
- Learn to select a topic, audience and estimate the time of a pr esentation Be able to review and provide suppo rting material for a present ation
- Learn the delivery and evaluation of a presentation Career Planning – (3 credits)
- Research career options
- Identify sources of careers advice and guidance
- Explain what information needs to be on a CV, describe own skil ls, education and experiences, produce a personal statement
- Complete an application form, produce a covering letter
- Prepare for an interview, demons trate self-confidence in a simulated interview
- Review performance in interview
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Long Eaton School directly.