Art and Design AS level at Shoeburyness High School
What will I be doing?
- Develop and extend your existing artistic skills
- Experiencing new materials and processes
- Develop evaluating and analysing skills
- Participating in a study trip in order to gather resources for a thematic study
- Private study activities include producing observational studies and contextual analysis of artists and designers which share your interpretation of the thematic study.
What coursework do I have to do?
AS – 1 unit of coursework which contains extending core art foundation skills and a thematic study. Students will experience a wide range of recording skills and materials.
5 GCSEs and a minimum grade B in GCSE Art and Design. A pass at AS level will then be required in order to go on to the second year of study.
What’s in the exam?
AS level concludes with a 10 hour timed examination based on an externally set theme. A substantial body of investigation based on the theme and a consistent application of visual language is essential in order to produce supporting studies for the examination.
- Foundation course entry in Art and Design
- BA (Hons) Degree entry of Art and Design based courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoeburyness High School directly.