Nail Services Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma at Preston's College
The Nail Services Apprenticeship offers a combination of qualifications, that will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to work as a Nail Technician. This Apprenticeship covers a range of creative skills used in nail services, such as cleaning, decorating, extending and pampering nails.
Units of study:
– Fulfil salon reception duties
– Develop and maintain your effectiveness
– Provide manicure services
– Provide pedicure services
– Carry out nail art services
– Apply nail enhancements to create a natural finish
– Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
You will also undertake Key/Functional Skills and a Technical Certificate alongside the programme while attending College on a day release basis.
All Apprenticeships require an initial assessment, interview and employment in the industry. At Level 2, you’ll also need four GCSEs at grade D or above including English and maths. You will need to have good people, dexterity and communication skills as well as a desire to work professionally with the general public.
You will be assessed in one or more of the following ways:
– Course work
– Oral questioning
– Portfolio of evidence
– Practical demonstration/assignment
– Practical examination
– Written examination
The Level 2 Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to progress on to the Level 3 Apprenticeship in Nail Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.