Art and Design Level 2 at Gateshead College
Do you fancy yourself as the next Tracey Emin? Mike Mignola? Banksy? Or would you like to be a tattoo artist? Whatever you artistic taste, this programme will help you perfect it.
You’ll develop a range of drawing, painting and design skills, taught by professional subject specialists. The programme will be tailored to your individual needs – delivered with a variety of projects, with the emphasis on practical work – and it ends with a personal self-directed project.
Confidence, motivation and vocational skills will be developed throughout, to give you that edge to help you progress to Level 3 or get a job. Once you complete this course, you’ll be thinking and creating as a professional artist.
- A self-directed project to develop your chosen specialist skills
- Development of drawing skills – accuracy and expression
- 2D mark making and experimentation
- A 3D based project
- This course is Level 2 - you should have appropriate vocational qualifications at Level 1 or some GCSEs at grade D or above, preferably including English and maths.
- We’re looking for students who are interested in developing a solid set of drawing, painting and design skills. Don’t worry if you feel you can’t draw to a high standard already, as we’ll teach this – you just need to be willing to learn.
Continuous assessment using class based assignments and portfolio of evidence
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.