Spa and Holistic Practice Level 3 at Blackburn College
This Level 3 Spa and Holistic Practice course will give you the opportunity to develop beauty skills that focus on the knowledge and underlying principles and practical skills to provide a holistic approach to clients.
The course will cover mandatory and optional units that will give specialist skills to progress your career options using the spa/holistic route in Beauty Therapy. Units Inlcude:
- Monitor procedures to safety control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and hydrotherapy
- Provide body wrapping and floatation treatments
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
Level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy or other relevant industrial experience. For mature students alternative entry qualifications will be considered. FULL ATTENDANCE AT ALL TIMES IS ESSENTIAL
Practical assessments on models in a realistic working environment with industrial timings. Theory assessments can consist of online, paper based or assignments if appropriate to units undertaken.
You will be able to progress to a Level 4 QCF qualification, Foundation Degree, a teaching qualification or into industry if you are successful in your studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackburn College directly.