Manufacturing Engineering BTEC Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3 Edexcel at Brooklands College
This qualification is the extension of the Level 3 Edexcel BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in Engineering (Manufacturing Pathway) and looks to provide you with specialised skills and knowledge in engineering project management, CNC Machining, CAM processes, Engineering Materials, Electronics and it further develops your welding ability.
The diploma is equivalent to two A-Levels and the Extended Diploma is equivalent to three.
This course provides the ideal stepping stone into higher education programmes or out to employment.
You will study the following units:
• Communications for Engineering Technicians
• Engineering Project
• Engineering Design
• Applications of Computer Numerical Control in Engineering
• Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
• Computer Aided Manufacturing
• Electronical and Electronic Principles
• Welding Principles
Learners must have completed the Level 3 Edexcel BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in Engineering (Manufacturing Pathway) at merit level, with at least a merit grade for maths and mechanical principles.
Level 3 Edexcel BTEC Diploma/Extended Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
- All units on the main programme are assessed through practical and written assignments and phase tests for which you will be able to achieve pass, merit and distinction grades.
• Pens, pencils, ruler, protractor, compass, eraser, line paper, scientific calculator and a ring binder
• Steel or composite toe safety shoes or boots (can be arranged by Brooklands College)
• One piece Brooklands College Engineering Overalls (available on enrolment)
• Safety glasses.
Cost for boots and overalls approximately £30.
All learners materials - £50
Students are allocated a certain amount of free printing, after which a small fee will be incurred.
This qualification provides UCAS points for entry into Higher Education. Depending on your overall grade for the qualification you would be in a position to apply though UCAS for a place at a University, typically on an Engineering course of your choosing. Equally you could apply through UCAS to stay on at Brooklands College to study on the HNC/HND in Manufacturing Engineering.
If you would like to go out to employment at this stage then the world is your oyster. You will be a well-qualified manufacturing engineering technician that would be valued at any design and manufacturing company.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brooklands College directly.