General Studies AQA A Level at Poynton High School
- Thinking and analytical skills
- Capacity to construct arguments and draw conclusions
- Facility to deal with broad considerations and subject matter
- Communication skills
- Ability to work independently
In Year 13, students build on their knowledge in the same areas studied at AS Level but in greater depth.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above
Many students find the General Studies grade helpful in securing a place in Higher Education as it has the same value in UCAS points as any other A-Level. Interestingly research suggests that the General Studies grade is a good predictor of general intelligence. Success in General Studies is a good indicator of future success at degree level across all subjects. The course develops many skills. These include: information analysis and communication, thinking across a range of subjects and constructing a coherent argument.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Poynton High School directly.