Business - BTEC Level 2 at Clevedon School
BTEC Firsts are NQF Level 2 qualifications designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. This is a one year course giving an introduction into many business concepts and is ideal for students to improve their GCSE portfolio of results. It is assessed mainly by coursework and involves many practical skills and personal research. However it is important to note that there is an external examination unit as part of this course.
The 60-credit BTEC Level 2 NQF Diploma extends the specialist work-related focus. There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for employment in the appropriate vocational sector and it is suitable for those who have decided that they wish to enter a particular area of work.
The BTEC Firsts in Business have been developed in the Business sector to:
- Provide education and training for business employees.
- Give opportunities for business employees to achieve a nationally recognised level 2 vocationally specific qualification.
- Give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the business sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National in Business.
- Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Specialist areas also include:
- Finance, both personal and business, together with bookkeeping, which supports development of basic financial principles
- Working in business teams and team leading
- Business support or administration, which supports development of practical administration skills including office systems and equipment, meeting support and filing systems
- Personal selling, which helps learners to understand the personal selling process aspects of business on-line and how this can support businesses to develop opportunities
- Enterprise and business start-up aspects of retailing such as promoting, branding and visual merchandising, consumer rights, business ethics
Assessed by coursework and examinations for 1 year.
Some learners may wish to gain the qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment, to progress to a Level 3 programme or A Level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Clevedon School directly.