Construction BTEC Diploma - Level 2 at Redcar & Cleveland College
A BTEC Level 2 Diploma is a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and activities.
It introduces you to the various roles and trades within the construction industry and provides a good basis to go on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
All students will take the following subjects:
- Structure of the Construction Industry.
- Exploring Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction.
- Sustainability in the Construction Industry.
- Constructing Drawing Techniques.
- Exploring Carpentry and Joinery.
- Performing Joinery Operations.
- Performing Carpentry Operations.
- Exploring Trowel Operations.
- Performing Brickwork Operations.
- Exploring Painting and Decorating.
- Performing Paperhanging Operations.
- Performing Decorating Operations.
Four GCSEs at grades D-E or above, or a related Level 1 qualification.
Possible progression from an appropriate Construction NVQ at level 1 and/or 2 with technical experience appropriate to this level of study.
All units are assessed and graded and an overall grade for the qualification is awarded.
With further training or study, students may progress into careers in the Construction industry including:
- Architectural Design.
- Site Technician.
A BTEC Diploma Level 2 in Construction prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to go on to a more advanced course, such as:
- BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 in Construction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.