Entry To Uniformed Services L2 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is aimed at students who are interested in a career in the armed or civilian
forces such as the Royal Navy, the Marines, the Army, Royal Air Force, Police, Fire or Prison Service.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a period of intense physical training to meet the requirements of the force of their choice.
Students will be accepted onto the course providing they have the correct entry qualifications. However, it must be stressed that the different armed and civilian forces have their own entry criteria, so entry to the force of your choice may not always be possible.
Units to be studied are:
- Investigate Employment in the Uniformed Services
- Explore Aspects of Physical Fitness
- Team Work and Problem Solving
- Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Map Reading and Navigation
- Uniformed Services Routine
- Optional (2 to be studied):
- Outdoor Activities
- Competitive Team Sports
- Aspects of Telecommunications
- Assist in Motor Vehicle Maintenance
- If you have not gained a grade C in GCSE English and Maths you will be enrolled on these courses as part of your study programme.
To be eligible for this course applicants must have at least 4 GCSEs at grade A* -
E, typically including either Maths or English at Grade C or above, or successful completion of the Level 1 Uniformed Services course, along with appropriate Maths and English qualifications.
Applicants must be able to run 1.5 miles in 16 minutes.
Your progress will be continually assessed through practical and assignment based activities and completion of a course portfolio.
You could progress to Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Services (2 year programme), providing you have successfully completed this programme, and have the required maths & English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.