Sport (Outdoor Education) BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Stafford College
This is a nationally recognised qualification giving students an opportunity to gain a basic qualification in Sport & Outdoor Education. Enabling students to progress onto other courses or to gain employment in the outdoor activities industry.
- Fitness for Sport & Exercise (Externally Assessed)
- Practical Sports Performance (Internally Assessed)
- Carrying out a Sports Related Project (Internally Assessed)
- The Mind & Sports Performance (Internally Assessed)
- The Sport Performer in Action (Internally Assessed)
- Training for Personal Fitness (Internally Assessed)
- Anatomy & Physiology for Sports Performance (Externally Assessed)
- Expedition Experience (Internally Assessed)
- Practical Land Based Outdoor & Adventurous Activities (Internally Assessed)
- Practical Water Based Outdoor & Adventurous Activities (Internally Assessed)
- Work Experience in Sport (Internally Assessed)
- Injury & the Sports Performer (Internally Assessed)
English & Maths
We are committed to helping students improve their skills in English and maths. Students on a full-time course at College who missed out on GCSE qualifications at grades A-C in these subjects at school will attend additional classes and receive support to enhance their grades. Depending on individual ability, students will work towards GCSE, City & Guilds or Functional Skills awards to ensure that they have the qualifications needed to progress to university or employment.
- A good general education is required with recommendations of 4 GCSE’s at grades C-E to include Maths, English or functional skills equivalent at Level 1 and another two subjects.
- Students will be required to attended a panel interview to check their suitability for outdoor pursuits
- Students should be committed, motivated and keen to develop the skills to pursue an interesting and stimulating career within the sports and outdoor activities industry.
- Mature students welcome.
This is a coursework based qualification – no exams. All students will be assessed in a variety of ways including: Practical assessments, Case studies, Assignments, Written and Oral Questionnaire and End Tests. Students will also be expected to submit a portfolio of evidence. The course is very practical in its nature therefore a willingness to participate in a wide variety of sports and outdoor activities is essential.
(Optional kit can be ordered as required)
Total = £115
**course costs are approximate and may be subject to change**
When ordering kit students must try on kit prior to ordering (samples available)
Students may be able to receive financial support, please contact Student Services for further information on 01785 275512.
Various opportunities would be available on completion. Career opportunities include:
- Leisure Clubs
- Fitness Centres
- Health Clubs/Farms
- Sports Clubs
- Progression onto the two year BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
- Progression onto the two year BTEC Extended Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness
- Progression onto the six month Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Working Aboard
If you would like any more information about the college or our courses then write, visit or telephone Student Services on 01785 275468. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unsure about which course to take, we can arrange for you to get the advice you need from a member of our guidance team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stafford College directly.