GCSE German at Hereford Academy
There are 4 Skills in which learners will develop their understanding and use of German.
These are Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
Listening and Reading makes up 40% of the final grade. Topics covered are;
• ‘Out and About'
• ‘Customer service and transactions'
• ‘Personal information'
• ‘Lifestyle (healthy eating and exercise)'
Speaking and Writing make up 60% of the final grade. Topics covered are media and culture, sport and leisure, travel and tourism or business, work and employment. These are completed as Controlled Assessments and students can take as many as they require. Marks are not submitted until the end of the course, giving students the best opportunity of learning and succeeding.
The key subject and learning aims enable course participants to develop
• an understanding of German in a variety of contexts
• a knowledge of German vocabulary and structures
• transferable language learning skills
• the ability to communicate effectively in German
• an awareness and understanding of countries and communities where German is spoken.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hereford Academy directly.