Drama GCSE at Grange Technology College
This course offers students the opportunity to develop the practical skills in creating, developing and evaluating drama learned in KS3.
For further information contact Mr D McKay, Subject Leader.
- You will develop knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of drama techniques, strategies and elements (music, lighting, props, costume etc).
- Opportunities to see live performances and participate in workshops run by professional actors and director.
- Mini projects, text and improvisation based, leading to performances for a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work with others in a wide range of challenging situations.
- An interest in acting, drama and problem solving activities.
- Good literacy skills (a substantial amount of reading and writing is required).
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively, tquick thinking and solve problems.
2 units assessed through coursework (practical and written) on improvised and text-based drama (60%) plus 1 unit assessed through a performance marked by an external examiner.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grange Technology College directly.