Beauty Therapy Level 1 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Have you always wanted to pursue a career in the Beauty Therapy industry? Are you excited about giving excellent customer service to your clients and being professionally trained in a whole range of beauty therapy treatments? This course will give you a sound introduction and a foundation to build on and progress to future level 2 courses.
You will study units covering the following:
- Health and safety
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Provide a basic manicure
- Provide a basic pedicure
- Salon reception duties
- Skin care
- The art of photographic make up
- Themed face painting
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Basic make up application
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Nail art application
- Presenting a professional image
- Functional skills*
*Functional skills qualifications are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College Programmes. You will complete at least 1 Functional Skill at an appropriate level as part of your programme.
No formal qualifications are necessary. However, you will need to complete a successful interview.
The following personal qualities are important:
- good communications skills
- smart appearance
- keenness to work with people
- enthusiasm and a commitment to the course and the industry.
You must also have a good understanding and command of the English language. Your English and numeracy skills will be assessed before the interview at which you must achieve at least Entry Level 3 in both subjects.
You will be continually assessed using a variety of methods throughout the course. Methods used are practical assessments on clients, theory written tests, assignments and oral questions. Functional Skills are assessed by on-line exams and you will be given guidance and support to achieve these.
Upon successful completion of the course, you can progress to one of the following:
- Employment as an assistant or receptionist in a beauty salon
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 full time or apprenticeship
- Hairdressing Level 1 full time or apprenticeship
- Barbering Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.