Physics A Level at Preston Manor School
Physics is the science which explains the fundamental forces of nature, and spans everything from how the universe began through to the sub‐atomic world of the particles which make up matter.
Year 12 Content
- Module 1 Development of Practical Skills in Physics
- Module 2 Foundations of Physics
- Module 3 Forces and Motion
- Module 4 Electrons, Waves and Photons
Year 13 Content
- Module 5 Newtonian World and Astrophysics
- Module 6 Particles and Medical Physics
Physics: Maths: 5, English; 4/4+, Core Science: B+, Additional Science: B+, Triple Physics: B+.
Three written exams, covering material from Year 12 and Year 13:
- Modelling physics (37%) ‐ modules 1, 2, 3 and 5
- Exploring physics (37%) ‐ modules 1, 2, 4 and 6
- Unified physics (26%) ‐ all six modules
Practical skills will be continuously assessed throughout the course, with successful students receiving a separate pass for this. This is a non exam assessment.
A level Physics is a highly respected qualification, leading to a range of university degree and employment options. Many of the top highest earning degree courses either require or desire A Level Physics, for example Chemical Engineering, General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering, Physics and Astronomy, Dentistry, Medicine and Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston Manor School directly.