BTEC Text Processing Office Skills Level 2 at The Basildon Academies Sixth Form
The overall aim of this course is to develop and recognise candidates'
ability to produce a variety of current and straightforward business
documents to meet the requirements of the employer in a modern business
This course is for students who:
- enjoys using ICT
- wants to develop skills suitable for the working world
- wants to develop communication skills
- wants to work in an office or business environment
You will cover a range of units to make up the 16 credit
requirement to pass the course. These are from the following:
- Text production- 5 credits (core unit)
- Audio-Transcription- 4 Credits
- Speed Keying- 4 Credits
- Business presentations- 5 credits
- Document presentations- 5 credits
- Mailmerge- 5 credits
General Sixth Form.
The full OCR Level 2 Certificate in Text Processing (Business Professional)
is awarded when the candidate has successfully completed units to the value
of at least 16 credits.
- Each unit is assessed via an OCR-set and marked examination
- Candidates will be required to carry out all assessment tasks within a stated error tolerance and within a set time.
- Results will be graded Distinction, Pass or Fail, depending upon the number of faults incurred, with the exception of the Shorthand Speed Skills and Speed Keying units, which will state the words per minute speed achieved on the certificate.
The course will provide you with the opportunity to develop a range of
transferable skills. These include the skills of proofreading, editing
documents, creating documents, following instructions and completing
tasks within a timely manner. These skills are in great demand and are
recognised by employers and universities as being of great value.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Basildon Academies Sixth Form directly.