Business - BTEC First Diploma Level 2 at Samuel Lister Academy
The BTEC First Diploma in Bsiness has been designed to address the needs of Level 2 learners in key areas if business, including interpersonal skills and customer service. Learners have the opportunity to develop skills to support them as they build relationships with a variety of customers internal and external to a range of business environments.
The business course will run over 3 days in school but you will spend the other 2 days per week working towards a vocational qualification (NVQ) with an external work based learning provider.
Students will also have the opportunity to retake GCSE Maths and English.
This course provides learners with a variety of skills besides a nationally recognised qualification. many of the skills are listed below:
- For learners to acquire technical and employability skills, knowledge and understanding which are transferrable and will enable individuals to meet changing circumstances
- For learners to gain a nationallu recognised vocational qualification
- For learners to develop their own innovative coursework that will enthuse and motivate them
- For learners to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required to meet the needs of the business sector.
At the moment we offer a one year course which covers the following units:
- Exploring business purpose
- Developing customer relations
- Investigating financial control
- BUsiness Communication
- People in organisations
- Doing business online.
Maths and English at GCSE Grade D
Evidence for assessment will be generated through a range of diverse activities including assignment and project work, case studies, workplace assessment, role play and oral presentation.
Progression to Level 3 courses and employment opportunities.
We expect students to be responsible for their own learning, this means hard work and commitment to their studies, meeting given deadlines and remaining motivated throughout. excellent attendance is essential if you wish to be successful on this course. For further information, please contact Mrs Balderson at Aire Valley School who will be happy to advise you or answer any queries you may have.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Samuel Lister Academy directly.