Child Care and Education Level 3 Diploma at New College Nottingham
If you're passionate about a career in which you look after children and young people, this is the course for you.
Over two years you'll study a range of topics and undertake practical tasks and assessments which will improve your knowledge and enhance your skills.
After the first year you will gain a licence to practice as an early years educator, and by the end of the course you'll be qualified to work unsupervised in a variety of settings such as nurseries, children's centres, pre-schools and in the home.
This course is a fantastic stepping stone to a rewarding career working with children.
This course consists of the following:
- Promoting communication
- Safeguarding the welfare of children
- Developing positive relationships with children
- Supporting positive outcomes for children
Placements are arranged by the tutor and include experience with babies, and children aged 1-4 and 4-16 years.
Students must have ONE of the following:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language and Maths
- Level 2 CACHE Certificate for the Children & Young People's Workforce at pass with English & Maths at grade C or above
Plus a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and
A satisfactory reference from a school, employer or professional
Adults 19+ who have industry experience BUT do not have the necessary qualifications can be invited in for interview.
Assignment tasks, direct observation at placement, portfolio of work and assessments in ICT.
- Foundation Degree in Childcare & Early Years
- Degree-level study in childhood studies, child psychology or paediatric nursing
Career opportunities can include roles as qualified childcare workers, children's holiday representatives or a registered child minder.
If you would like to find out more about how this could unfold for you, our advisors are on hand to help – just click the Contact an Advisor option to the right.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.