Modern Foreign Languages A Level at Rivers Academy West London
Many of those who take GCSE history decide to stay on in the department making it one of the most popular A-level subjects. The A-level course offers a chance to study new and exciting topics as well as developing student’s history skills to a very high level.
In Year 12 students investigate the Tudor monarchy in depth and Irish History. By Year 13 students study the French Revolution and will sit two exams to determine their grade.
The History department offers a wide range of extracurricular opportunities and trips that all students are encouraged to take part in. This includes –
• Annual 3 day trips to Prague or Budapest for students in Year 10 – 13
• Annual residential trips to World War One battlefield for Year 8 and Year 9 students
• Taking part in international debating competitions with Model United Nations
• Planning and presenting whole school assemblies on historically significant events eg. 100 Year Anniversary of World War One
• Winning competitions such as the VE Day Bake Off
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rivers Academy West London directly.