Business Studies A Level at Hitchin Boys' School
In this course, we demonstrate the interrelated nature of Business using business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues and situations. The content of the course is designed to engage you through topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society, through key contemporary developments such as digital technology, business ethics and globalisation topics. The complete A-Level course covers the following topics:
- What is Business
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
For the AS Level, there will be two 1.5 hour written exams assessing some of the topics above. For the A-Level, there will be three 2 hour exams, assessing all of the topics above.
Minimum entry requirements to our Consortium are 5 A*-C at GCSE or equivalent, including Maths and English, for an advanced level or Level 3 course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hitchin Boys' School directly.