Health and Social Care Cambridge Technical Level 3 at Paget High School
A course open to anyone with an interest in health and social care in society and who wish to pursue a vocational area of study at Advanced Level. This is also suitable for students who wish to add a vocational aspect to their other academic courses. Students will research their assignments through contacts with local care related organisations and by using information found on the internet, in the school, local libraries and in text books
This is designed as a two year course that covers six units of study in each academic year. These units may be subject to change
First Year Units
- Building Positive Relationships in Health & Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health & Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health & Social Care
- Infection Control
- Creativity and Activity for Children and Young People
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing
Second Year Units
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health & Social Care
- Public Health
- Sexual Health, Reproduction and Early Development Stages
- Personalisation and a Person-Centred Approach to Care
- The Impact of Long-Term Physiological Conditions
- The units are assessed through both examinations and assignments.
- Grades awarded are for Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- Students must pass the first year in order to progress to the second year.
- Students can pursue a variety of health and related studies at degree level including nursing It is also applicable for many areas of employment.
- Please note that this qualification will not enable direct access into childcare.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Paget High School directly.