Floristry Diploma Level 1 at City of Bristol College
The course covers a broad range of basic practical floristry skills and knowledge. You will receive supportive feedback. The course is graded at Pass, merit or Distinction. There is the opportunity to progress to the Floristry Level 2 course at South Bristol Skills Academy the following year. As part of the course, you will develop the English, maths and IT skills that employers want.
- Health & safety at work
- Carry out basic floristry tasks
- Identify flowers, foliages and plants
- Produce and maintain shop displays
- Assemble basic floral designs
- Produce planted designs
- Improving your own performance
- A period of work experience within the floristry industry
There are no formal entry requirements, just an interest in and enthusiasm for working creatively with flowers and plants.
- You must be able to read and write to a suitable standard
- You will need to demonstrate good general workplace skills and a commitment to working within the industry
- A respectful relationship with your group
- The ability to work as part of a team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Bristol College directly.