Automotive Vehicle Body Repair and Refinishing - Level 3 at South Devon College
This advanced qualification covers the technical skills required to work in today's automotive industry, including preparation and application procedures as well as the diagnosis and rectifyification of paint faults. It provides essential knowledge for vehicle body and paint operators, who work on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist body and paint businesses. You will learn both theoretical and practical aspects relating to vehicle body repair during this programme, and gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace as well as other skills associated with working in a garage.
What will I learn?
- Carrying out complete refinishing operations
- Mixing and matching paint colours
- Identifying and rectifying paint defects and faults
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You must have completed an appropriate vocational qualification at Level 2
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.