Physical Education at All Saints RC Comprehensive School
Unit G451: An introduction to Physical Education (theory):
• 60% of the total AS GCE marks / 2 hour written paper / 90 marks.
• 3 sections: Anatomy and Physiology (Section A), Acquiring
Movement Skills (Section B), Socio-Cultural Studies relating to participation in physical activity (Section C).
Unit G452: Acquiring, developing and evaluating practical skills in Physical Education.
• 40% of the total AS GCE marks / Practical Activities / 80 marks.
• Evaluation and practical performance in two sports from two different profiles.
G453: Principles and concepts across different areas of physical education:
• 35% of total A level.
• Historical Studies (Option A1), Comparative Studies (Option A2), Sports Psychology (Option B1), Exercise and Sports Physiology (Option B3).
G454: The improvement of effective performance and the critical evaluation of practical activities in Physical Education.
• 15% of overall A level.
At A level students should have a B in GCSE PE or equivalent. Students who have not taken PE at KS4 exam level can discuss their entry with the Curriculum Leader.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact All Saints RC Comprehensive School directly.