Introduction to Culinary Skills Level 1 Certificate at Hull College Group
This course involves food preparation and food service and is designed for students who would like to become a Chef or work front of house and have a passion for food and customer service. Students will run HU1 Riverside Restaurant one day per week. There will be timed practical assessment and written tests.
A number of additional activities will be on offer throughout the year such as visits, charity fund raising activities and quality and diversity events.
• Practical Food Preparation Skills
• Restaurant Service Skills
• Food Safety
• Health and Safety
• Work Placement Skills
- An enthusiasm for working in the Catering Industry and a willingness to work hard.
- Basic oral and written communication.
- GCSE Maths and English (grade E).
- Willingness to handle and taste all foods.
- The industry is looking for hardworking and reliable students.
- Successful students may progress to the next level in culinary skills or may choose to enter the workplace. It is not automatic progression on to Level 2.
- Employment opportunities all over the world
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.