Music Level 2 BTEC Diploma at Highbury College
This one-year programme is for you if you want to find out more about the exciting world of Music Technology.
The programme includes a wide range of disciplines including recording, computer music, the music industry, composition and the development of music.
The Diploma will provide an opportunity to progress to Level 3 programmes or to employment.
- Working in the Music Industry
- Professional Development in the Music Industry
- Planning and Creating a Music Product
- Exploring Musical Composition
- Producing a Musical Recording
- Exploring Computer Systems used by Musicians
- The Development of Music.
- You will need four GCSEs at Grade A*-D including English and minimum of a D in Maths or a full Level 1 qualification, at merit grade, with literacy and numeracy at the appropriate level.
- Evidence of previous work experience would be useful and a willingness to work in the industry and the ability to succeed are very important.
- Acceptance on this programme is subject to interview, audition and initial assessment.
- If you do not hold A*-C GCSE in English and/or Maths, you will also have to attend Functional Skills English and Maths classes as part of your course.
- If you hold GCSE D Grade in English and/or Maths, you will also attend GCSE classes to improve your grade.
- Internal assessment is by coursework portfolio.
- Your work will be graded as either Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Most of our students progress to Level 3 studies at College before moving on to university or seeking work in the industry.
If you do not hold A*-C GCSE in English and/or Maths, you will also have to attend Functional Skills English and Maths classes as part of your course.
If you hold GCSE D Grade in English and/or Maths, you will also attend GCSE classes to improve your grade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.