Brickwork Level 3 Diploma at Stafford College
This course is aimed at people who have successfully completed the Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying and are not already working in the sector.
The following units are all mandatory and provide developing skills for anyone working in the industry:
- Know how to carry out sage working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Building methods and construction technology
- Know how to carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Know how to repair and maintain masonry structures
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Know how to erect complex masonry structures
- Erect complex masonry structures
English & Maths
We are committed to helping students improve their skills in English and Maths. Students on a full-time course at College who missed out on GCSE qualifications at Grades A-C in these subjects at school will attend additional classes and receive support to enhance their grades. Depending on individual ability, students will work towards GCSE, City & Guilds or Functional Skills Awards to ensure that they have the qualifications needed to progress to University or employment
Learners must have achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying along with satisfactory attendance and commitment for the duration of the course.
Assessment in both practical and knowledge is on-going throughout the course. External assessment will take place at the end of the course in the form of an online multiple choice examination and practical exams.
Students may be able to receive financial support, please contact Student Services for further information on 01785 275512.
It is possible that successful completion of this course may facilitate progression onto an Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship programme or Higher Level Construction Courses or employment in the construction industry as a bricklayer.
If you would like any more information about the College or our courses then write, visit or telephone Student Services on 01785 275468. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unsure about which course to take, we can arrange for you to get the advice you need from a member of our guidance team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stafford College directly.