Further Mathematics Edexcel A Level at Poynton High School
- FP1 Summation of series; proof by induction; coordinate systems; complex numbers; matrices; numerical methods.
- S1 and M1 – see the Mathematics page
- C1 and C2 are exclusive to AS Mathematics, FP1 is exclusive to Further Mathematics. The applied modules will be combined with either of the qualifications to give the best overall score in both qualifications.
- FP2 Polar coordinates; inequalities; further complex numbers; first and second order differential equations; Maclaurin and Taylor series.
- FP3 Vectors; hyperbolic functions; further coordinate systems; differentiation and integration of inverse trigonometric and hyberbolic functions; further matrices.
- M2 Kinematics of a particle moving in a straight line or plane; centres of mass; work and energy; collisions; statics of rigid bodies.
- S2 Continuous random variables; Binomial and Poisson distributions; sampling and hypothesis testing.
- D2 Game theory; further linear programming; flow; dynamic programming; allocation; the travelling salesperson problem; transportation problems.
C3 and C4 are exclusive to A2 Mathematics, FP2 or FP3 are exclusive to Further Mathematics. The applied modules will be combined with either of the qualifications to give the best overall score in both qualifications.
- 5 grade Cs or above at GCSE level, including an A or above in Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Poynton High School directly.