Business BTEC Level 3 at South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College
- The Business Environment: The aim of this unit is to give you the knowledge of a range of business organisations, and the many internal and external factors that shape the nature of businesses operating in an increasingly complex business world.
- Business Resources: The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge of the range of human, physical, technological and financial resources required in an organisation and how the management of these resources can impact on business performance.
- Introduction to Marketing: The aim of this unit is to give you an understanding of how marketing, research and planning and the marketing mix are used by businesses to get a cutting edge over competitors.
- Business Communication: The aim of this unit is to show you that the collection and management of business information and the successful communication of that information throughout a business is critical for the future success of the business.
- Business Accounting: The aim of this unit is to give you an insight into how businesses manage their money, how they aim to forecast future cash flow and how businesses cope with financial problems.
- Recruitment and Selection in Business: This unit aims to show you how businesses implement the recruitment process in hiring people, the complexities of the process, the ins and outs of interviews and how to select the right person for the job.
There are 6 units each assessed by 100% coursework
There are a number of progression routes available to you with a BTEC Business qualification. You can progress to university to study in a wide range of areas including; Business Studies, Accountancy, Law, Marketing, Public Relations, Management etc. You may chose to go straight in employment with your BTEC Business qualification, this is certain to provide with the skills needed in a variety of workplaces. A number of students have also gone onto study an Apprenticeship in the local area in areas such as Accountancy. This route gives you the opportunity to earn whilst you learn. Please see Mr Keyworth for more information or details on business related progression routes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College directly.