3D Design (Product, Furniture and Interior) Level 3 EDEXCEL Extended Diploma at Hertford Regional College
This course allows you to focus on furniture, interior and product design and understand how to meet clients requirements with creative solutions. There are oppotunities for you to cultivate personal design interests which enable you to grow as an indiviual designer. Completion of the course will prepare you for the world of work or to go on and study one of our Foundation Degrees or continue your studies at university.
3D Designers produce creative solutions in response to clients needs and the course focuses on three main areas of deign to help these skills:
- Product Design, Furniture Design, Interior/Environmental Design
- Model Making (including protoypes)
- Drawing and Illustration (freehand and technical)
- IT skills including DTP, computer and presentation skills (visual, written and oral)
- successful completion of the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Three Dimensional Design
- Other Equivalent Level 3 Art and Design qualifications will be considered.
- GCSE English at Grade C-A* or Functional Skills English at level 2
You will be assessed through working on practical assignments producing a range of visual presentations, design models and sketch books.
Functional Skills are assessed through portfolio and online assessment.
- Higher Education- our Foundation Degree is validated by the University of Hertfordshire and provides an excellent in-house progression route for Extended Diploma Students
All students are required to update their course kit and personal stationary where required. There will be additional payments required for some study trips (travel cosots, entry fees). Due to the use of workshops a pair of suitable footwear will also be required (boots do not need to be steel toe capped).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.