Accessibility links

AS Geography at Phoenix Academy

Course description

The AS module consists of two papers, with Unit 1 being a series of short and extended questions based on Physical and Human Geography themes. This paper is worth 70% of the AS level marks. Unit 2 is called Applied Geography and is a series of structured skills and generic fieldwork questions. This paper accounts for the remaining 30% of the AS course. Content Unit 1 Physical and Human Geography Core Physical Theme - Rivers, floods and management Optional Themes - Cold Environments (1 from 3) Coastal Environments Hot desert environments and their margins Core Human Theme - Global population change Optional Themes - Food supply issues (1 from 3) Energy issues Health issues Unit 2 Applied Geography Practical skills and fieldwork will be examined in this paper.

Entry requirements

Minimum Entry Requirements   5 A*-C Grade B to study specific A Level or Grade B English Language if subject has not been studied previously

Future opportunities

Geography at A level is a challenging issue-based subject which will develop essential key skills, raise your awareness of some of the problems that exist in the world and give you lots of opportunity to experience different places through fieldwork.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Phoenix Academy directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 1 year

Venues