BTEC Health and Social Care at Prince Henry's Grammar School, Otley
Health and Social Care is an engaging and challenging course, designed to expose learners to the skills and knowledge required by healthcare and social work professionals in a variety of jobs and sectors. It is a subject which will appeal to students who:
· Enjoy studying a subject which has practical vocational applications and is relevant to their lives, experiences and potential career aspirations
· Want an opportunity to investigate and research
· Enjoy finding the answers and applying their knowledge - not just being taught it for an exam
The Level 3 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care is equivalent to 1 A Level.
The course comprises 4 units:
- Human Lifespan Development (written exam)
- Working in Health & Social Care (written exam)
- Meeting Individual Care & Support Needs (coursework)
- Physiological Perspectives (coursework)
It is not a requirement to have studied Health & Social Care at KS4. Students who have a keen interest, are enthusiastic and hardworking will be successful on this course. As a minimum, students should have 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, preferably including Mathematics and English.
Level 3 BTEC courses such as Health and Social Care qualify for UCAS points at the same level as academic A Levels and this gives students a wide choice of progression options into further study at college or university, training or relevant employment in the chosen sector.
This qualification could lead to careers in:
- Social Work
- Health services
- Community work
- Nursery teaching
- Care work
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.