Photography AS/A2 Level at Belfairs Academy
Every student is expected to undertake independent work, where form and content becomes the subject of tutorial discussion. This is designed to encourage independent thinking and express individuality and diversity.
All students will be required to attend a minimum of three gallery visits per year and should have their own digital camera and memory stick.
Students are expected to include an element of observational drawing in their portfolio work.
Students will gain an understanding of:
• Photography as a visual communication.
• A range of approaches to working with images, signs and symbols such as observation, analysis, expression, communication and imagination.
• Genres such as portrait, landscape and movement.
• Role and function such as documentary, portraiture and narrative.
• A range of techniques appropriate to the specialism of photography.
• Digital photography techniques i.e. Photoshop
GCSE art or photography grade C. Other applicants considered if spaces available based on interest in photography demonstrated at interview
The course is assessed through a combination of Coursework and internal examination. There are no written exams.
Photo-journalism, set design, fashion design, interior design, graphic design, as well as numerous jobs within the design field. Students find that the skills of independent learning and research along with presentation are advantages which theycan apply to many areas of employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Belfairs Academy directly.