Sport - Development in Football BTEC Level 2 First Certificate at University Church of England Academy
This Programme has been developed to utilise the new state of the art facilities at the Academy
and is aimed at players who have played competitively at national, county, district or school
level. The course will combine football with an academic programme that will be specific to the
student’s aims and abilities. Students will have the opportunity to represent the Academy in
competitive matches at a local and national level.
Designed to improve the student’s communication and leadership skills, the course develops
both confidence and maturity, allowing students to work both in a team environment and be able
to lead and instruct people in a competent and professional manner.
- Coaching from UEFA qualified coaches.
- Access to state of the art Sports facilities and performance analysis equipment.
- Individual player assessment (match analysis and fitness).
- Nationally recognised qualifications that will provide opportunities for employment or further
- Opportunities for football scholarships abroad.
- Individual fitness testing and programming.
- Organised fixtures against local and national opposition.
Students can study a course from the following sports programmes:
- First Diploma in Sport.
- National Diploma in Sport development, coaching and fitness.
- Coaching, Officiating and First Aid awards requirements.
There are no formal entry requirements, however, candidates must be serious about a career in
sports coaching and have a good level of fitness.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact University Church of England Academy directly.